Friday, April 9, 2010

Our Easter

Our family had a wonderful Easter this year. On the Saturday before Easter we had some friends over for an Easter egg hunt. Dan and I died the eggs ahead of time (of course) and had a great time doing it. It was a bit of an experiment since you can only get brown eggs here. I wasn't convinced that brown plus Easter colors would result in pretty eggs, but viola! It did! They were much deeper colors than your typical Easter pastels, but I thought they looked great and Dan was very proud of them. On Saturday morning we made fresh cinnamon rolls and prepared for our guests. Here are the boys in excited anticipation!



On Easter Sunday we had a wonderful church service in the morning, a lazy afternoon, and then dear friends over for an Easter meal. Our meal this year was....drumroll....mutton! Yes, I never thought that I'd actually be preparing mutton in my lifetime, but a couple in our church gave us a nice leg of mutton some time ago. We had been saving it for a special occasion. I used an overnigt marinade an honestly, it was fantastic!!! We all loved it! Bring on the mutton! :)

No comments: